Reality Check
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

70 Rogue, undergeared, but I'd rather be raiding with a guild I'll gladly stay with and eventually be able to join the core group, than a guild where I'd start in the core group, but that ends up feeling like just another step

2 posters

Go down

70 Rogue, undergeared, but I'd rather be raiding with a guild I'll gladly stay with and eventually be able to join the core group, than a guild where I'd start in the core group, but that ends up feeling like just another step Empty 70 Rogue, undergeared, but I'd rather be raiding with a guild I'll gladly stay with and eventually be able to join the core group, than a guild where I'd start in the core group, but that ends up feeling like just another step

Post  Artemin Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:44 am

1.What is your current guild and what were your past guilds?(3333)
Current Guild:
Sanguinus Legiorum: I was/am the guild master of that guild, but after an unexpected absence of a month (finances dropped out from under me) I returned to find that the guild had scattered in my absence (there was poor raid attendance to begin with). While running SL, I ran it in such a manner that most memebers were fiercely loyal to me and the guild, and were satisfied with my leadership. (Guild has been disbanded).

Previous Guilds:
Warclan Next Generation: Warclan had some leadership problems that were going to cause the fragmentation of the core raiders, and a good raiding team to be scattered to the winds, in order to prevent that, I offered anyone who wanted it (former guildmaster included) a better place to go where their concerns would actually be heard and not simply dismissed in a tyrannical manner.(See Sanguinus, above). Prior to that I was a member of the primary Kara raid group, and always showed up on time and ready to go.

What kind of raiding experience did youhave with those guilds?
SL only ran Kara with 2 different times, it attempted Gruul's once. Outside of SL and Warclan, i've run Gruul's several times, Magtheridon several times, and SSC once. I've watched my former roommate (in Rez) run BT, SSC, TK, and Hyjal many times, and that's where the majority of my knowledge and understanding of raids comes from. (That and studying YouTube Videos). I've also done some of ZA and lead an attempt on BWL, as well as several raids through UBRS and LBRS to teach my younger guildies how to raid well.

2. Are you able to raid 8:30pm-12AM server time Sunday-Thursday?
Yes. That's probably the best raid schedule I've heard yet from a guild. I am in CST, and get off work at 5:00, home by 5:30 (that's 6:30 central time). 8:30 Server time is perfect.

3. Can you handle wiping on new content for hours upon hours several nights of the week?(2222)
I hate wiping when people whine and immediately drop group, but most of that is beacause there is whining, and dropping of group (and thus slowing the learning/progression down). I actually love wiping when you can actually see a raid learning and understanding a fight better, it is very gratifying.

4.Are you prepared to farm flasks, pots, oils and anything else that'll help increase your character's raid performance? This also includes having all your proper enchants/gems necessary on your gear.
Of course, I usually do dailies to buy the stuff I need of the AH and keep a large enough stash so that I won't ever run out, but my hopes are to get my cooking up to the point where I can make my Warp Burgers on my own. Until then, I'll do whatever is necessary so that I'm at my best for the raid.

5. What is your spec? Would you be willing to respec to perform a role in a raid that we need you to?
I am doing a hybrid subtlety/combat swords spec that takes advantage of the agil % and the AP % boosts near the end of sub., but keeps all the fun tricks of Combat up through Blade Flurry. My spec and gear are at the moment, orienting on Haste gear. Prior to that I ran PVE with a ShS spec, because I realized the huge AP boost a rogue gets from the tree actually almost counteract (in some cases) the lack of combat tricks. I'm constantly trying new things to maximize my damage in combat, and I usually study for hours on an excel sheet the effects various equipment would have before deciding to go after it. I know my class well, and I try to take advantage of all sides that it has to offer, not simply what is the "accepted" way to do pve. I think closing your mind to other possibilities existing (especially with new patches changing classes, etc) is foolish. That being said, yes I'll gladly respec, if the guild/raid asks me to.

6. Give us your armory link please.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Artemin

7. Do you have Ventrilo and a working microphone?
Yes.

8. Is your internet connection reliable?
It's Fiber Optic, and one of the best in the nation.

9. How old are you? We look for people over the age of 17 when recruiting, though exceptions will sometimes be made.
22 turning 23 this month.

9b. If you're under 17 please give us a few reasons why we should make an exception for you.
I'm not under 17, but if I were I would say because I'm dedicated to all ends when I'm raiding/in a guild. Because I take pride in knowing all the sides to my class and being able to use each one effectively. Also because I'm not afraid to help out others within the guild if they need it.

10. Tell us somethings about yourself(Make us want to recruit you)in less than 15 words.
I value good players over characters: when you're in a guild, you represent it.

Last edited by Artemin on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (recalled a few more raids i've been on.))

Artemin

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

70 Rogue, undergeared, but I'd rather be raiding with a guild I'll gladly stay with and eventually be able to join the core group, than a guild where I'd start in the core group, but that ends up feeling like just another step Empty Re: 70 Rogue, undergeared, but I'd rather be raiding with a guild I'll gladly stay with and eventually be able to join the core group, than a guild where I'd start in the core group, but that ends up feeling like just another step

Post  Trinity Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Question

I honestly do not know what to say to you.

Your app is stuffed full of ... of... ok... let me try to put this in a good way.

Whatever you are reading about Rogues you need to burn it in a fire.
a. You are using a 1.6 speed MAINHAND. do you realize the amount of dmg you are losing from yellow attacks
b. Your spec looks like a 5 yr old with down syndrome clicked his way through some god awefull spec. It really can get any worse for pvp.
c. Hit rating needs to be as close to cap as you can get it.. at the very least above 300
d. Look up some information on elitest jerk.com or some other web site that doesn't suck.
e. 20/41/0 combat swords, you want your MAIN HAND as slow as possible and your offhand extremely fast for the TALENTS -Combat potency and Duel Weild, your bread and butter as a rogue. Please for your sake, even outside of the fact that I can't take your app seriously. Look at my spec, or any other main raiding rogues in our guild Biga, Vicis, or other guilds like SC=Elegy/Pipebomb Run Out=Dealt And learn from what others already know.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Tr%C3%ACnity

Trinity

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down